Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Photo Tour: A Day in the Life with My Monster Bean

She's into everything and it looks like a tornado hit my home whenever she plays. I thought I'd give you a photo tour of the day in my life with my precious monster Bean. Starting with the kitchen.
This is mild compared to the norm.
Ahhhh... this is more like it.
She found a kleenex and decided to rip it apart into a bunch of tiny pieces.
Sometimes furniture is also misplaced. Yes, she did this all by herself as I watched in absolute amazement over my 10 month old's strength.
She walks behind this and got frustrated at the carpet that prevented her from going any further.
This is the bookshelf in her room. She LOVES to take the books off the shelf.

One of her favorite activities is taking items out of tubs, baskets, boxes, and drawers. This is her shoe basket, there were shoes EVERYWHERE. She hit our room next, opened my underwear drawer and scattered them everywhere, but I refrained from taking that photo for the sake of my audience.
Thankfully the stairs are blocked off, otherwise I'd have to show you her mess in the basement as well. Usually, the upstairs has toys scattered throughout every single room: kitchen, dining room, living room, hallway, her room, our room... so what I've shown you here isn't even the half of it. I pick it all up as soon as she goes down for her nap. I've gotten pretty good at it - it only takes a few minutes!
She's awake! "I'm coming over to YOUR house next!" ;)
Now it's time for a snack and that is an extremely messy ordeal.
I don't know how, but she had avocado on her ankles even! (In reality, she should hit the bath 3 or 4 times a day.)
Once she's done eating and she's out of her highchair, it starts all over again! Usually we go outside (she loves the outdoors) and she pulls the grass out of the ground, or throws the sand out of her sandbox, or tries to follow the puppies around (Marley definitely thinks she's a monster!). I'm always finding grass, sand, and dirt in her diaper. Oi.

Here's the thing, I want her to have siblings, but I can't imagine what my house is going to look like with more Monster Lowery's waddling around my house. I'm excited for those adventures too (someday, not soon, but someday). I think I need to make this sign:
http://bywilma.com/2012/07/03/diy-inspirational-quote-sign/
A Day in the life with my Monster Bean is filled with little messes like this, but it's all worth it as I watch her grow and her personality develop. She stole my heart and there isn't a better person with which to spend the day, even if she is a monster mess.
But seriously, we are coming to your house next!

4 comments:

  1. This is too cute! She may be getting into messes now but in ten year's it'll be bigger messes I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! haha! Cutest little tornado I've seen though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thanks! I agree, she is a pretty adorable little tornado.

      Delete