Wednesday, October 31, 2012

You Know You Love Someone When...

Your baby changes your world. At least my baby changed mine. All the things I thought I'd never do, I'm doing. For a long time I thought I never wanted to be a mommy, well, now I wouldn't trade her for the world. She changed my perspective on life, enjoying the little things, and love. I didn't know I could love someone INSTANTLY. The moment I saw her, I loved her.... How do I know this?

Well, you know you love someone when...
  • They scream in your ear and you don't scream back.
  • You pick their nose for them.
  • You don't get all squimish when you get their poop on yourself.
  • You don't puke when they puke.
  • You don't hold a grudge for hurting you, in fact, you basically forget it all when you look into their face.
  • They keep you up all night, instead of hating them, you wonder how you can help them, despite your pure and utter exhaustion.
  • You stare at their face, for hours at a time.
  • You can't get enough pictures of that beautiful face.
  • You want to share those beautiful pictures with EVERYONE.
  • They smile, your heart literally melts.
  • They coo, what's left of your heart melts even further.
  • The simplest little things they do make you proud, make you giggle, or tear up, and force you to call relatives, friends, and daddy at work to tell them about it.
  • You do everything you can to help them relieve gas and poop - tummy massage, bringing their knees to their chest, etc. - and when they finally do release the pressure that's been causing so much anxiety, you're so proud and you tell them so, over and over again!
Haha, and so many of those reasons were the reasons I didn't want to have kids in the first place! And the thing is, this could be an exhaustive list! I have so many, many reasons to love my little Briella Bean and when I think back on this list, even the not-so-fun parts, I know for sure, that I absolutely, positively wouldn't trade her for the world. I know I love her, lots and lots, bunches and bunches.
Isn't she just precious? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment